Small Business Loans

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I have a question about my credit score.?

I am 18 almost 19 and I have never had a credit card so my credit score is 0. This is hard because I wanted to get something for my house and I can't get approved anywhere. Not even tmobile will give me a plan under my name. How can I built a credit score? where should I start?



Start by getting a secured credit card.





Just google "secured credit card" and you'll find many offers.





Here's what a secured card is. You give the bank a deposit, say $300. They send you the Visa with a $300 credit limit. You handle that just like a regular Visa, making charges and minimum payments, etc. And you'll be building a good credit history while you do this.





You don't need to charge a lot. Just a burger once a month, and a payment once a month are all it takes.





After a year, if you've handled it responsibly, they usually will upgrade you to a regular visa at that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment