Small Business Loans

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Going to court for credit debt..?

I am going to court this week..(collection agency is suing me). I am still within the SOL, i already went and submitted answer to clerk . They are suing me for 800 dollars from a old capital one card i hadnt paid 3 yrs ago as i was out of work(but am currently employed). Question is what is going to happen in court..i do not have a lawyer ..what kind of documents should i bring in ?I tried to get in touch with CA lawyer to settle before court..but couldn't get in touch with him..in my answer i denied i owned the debt...can anyone share there experience in court for credit debt?Thank you.



Unfortunately since you are within the SOL all you can hope for is to make a settlement with them before you go to court, or have the additional court costs associated with this action also added to you amount owed. What some posters here do not seem to understand is if you have a judgment against you that cannot be removed by BK




Maybe you should have paid your debt 3 years ago when you got a job again? This probably would have been the best way about it. And filing BK doesnt do anything for you but make it worse, and its not gonna remove their judgement. BK is for the people who are irresponsible and need a quick out for their irresponsibility. Pay the bill like a responsible adult.




Same with me. Old Capital one credit card bought by bill collector. I go to court soon. My scum low life bill collector is Patenaude and Felix. I plan to take my camera and get some pictures of this scum. He might get a judgement, but I'm filing Bankruptcy very soon anyway. I just want to cost him as much money and time as I can. Yes in Nevada you can claim Bankruptcy for a credit card judgment!




they summoned me to court but after some back and forth they just accepted 30 dollars a month from me for 800 dollars. I did not have to go to court but if your state allows wage garnishment they will take a percentage of what you make. good luck




File bankruptcy. You do not need to have the entire $175.00 filing fee. File a petition to have the $175.00 paid in 60 days.





Let the attorney know you are in bankruptcy status and they will back off.

No comments:

Post a Comment