Small Business Loans

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ebay scam? Wants to send money by post?

Someone has brought my psp and 39 games on ebay for 350 (should I sell for this?) and they say they dont have paypal so want to send the money via post - they arent asking me to send the item first though, just asking for my home address so they can send it. Does this sound dodgy? they have 100% feedback of 8 transactions.



I only sell by paypal on ebay now after a woman sent me a check for MORE than the amount due, I sent her a check for the difference (thinking she made an honest mistake) and sent the item. I had waited for the check to clear first mind you. Then THREE WEEKS LATER the check bounced with check bouncing fees added from my bank. I had one heck of a time finally getting back the $12 for the book, plus the shipping amount, plus the difference I sent her back plus the check overdraft fees. I had to complain through ebay and square trade and it was a big MESS. Even money orders can be fake now and money wires are suspect. You are selling for a lot of money. I would not chance it. The woman I dealt with had good feedback of higher than that and had mostly bought Bibles on ebay. I think her bank may have let her check to me go through for about a week on overdraft to her until she didn%26#039;t cover her overdraft and then her bank bounced it back to my bank, but writing the check for more than the amount was suspicious. They can have good feedback initially until the check bounces and then you can%26#039;t fix your feedback error to them. And now ebay only allows POSITIVE feedback for buyers, no negative feedback is allowed for buyers, so if she only buys things, then of course she will have 100% no matter how many checks she bounces.





P.S. Tell her you will only accept a POSTAL money order if it is U.S. In the U.S. it is a federal crime to use the post office for mail fraud.




l use e-bay and very often sent the money in a letters. seems dodgy not accepted or you think that will send you a car-bomb inside?


as a seller- firstly you have to get the payment and if you do not get- all ok. you may inform e-bay that you didn%26#039;t get it so they will not charge you for tansaction.. it%26#039;s not obligation to have a pay-pal, but is obligation to be honest.. you can not charge that person more then 350. beeing a member of e-may (what you are?) you accept to sell it for a final price..


if you have a doubt- ask e-bay..




Oh my god ... are you for real? He wants to send you the money first before you post it to him??? lol





So what? Wait until the money comes and then post. It%26#039;s not like it%26#039;s you post it to him and wait for payment. That would be dodgy.




I know several people that don%26#039;t use paypal on ebay. If you are concerned you could always get a PO box so they won%26#039;t have your home address. Just wait till the check clears before sending the items.


%0D%0A

No comments:

Post a Comment