Small Business Loans

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Help with Capital One Bill...?

Alright Capital One put my credit card into collections. It was kind of my fault and kind of their fault on their part. I didnt pay because I didnt know the due date and they sent it into collections for sending my statement to my old address from like 5 years ago so anyways I was going to settle with them but they want like 400 dollars in like 1 payment and i am not doing that do you think if i send them like 100 dollars they will take that off my bill or will they refuse that?



Like the other response said Capital One sucks. You have had to be more than one payment behind for them to send you to collections. Did they send to a debt collection agency. If so, if you settle for anything get it in writing before you send any type of payment. Never give them your bank info or soc sec. #. Send in a money order and not a check and keep records of everything. Tell them what you can send for payment, take control of the situation.




They will refuse the payment. You are at fault, it was your responsibility to notify the company of change of address and to pay your debt. Once the collection agency has it your debt will triple, then when the courts get involved you can add court costs and lawyer fees to your bill. Your refusal to pay the 400 will turn your debt into 2500

No comments:

Post a Comment