Small Business Loans

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I am trying to start a small candy bizz, but I am having trouble with my selling price..?

how much would you expect to pay for one pound of hand made/pulled %26#039;hard candy%26#039; sticks? I know it depends on if the candy is good..I have given out 3 batches so far and everyone loves the candy and thinks the flavoring is just right. So how much would you want to pay? A pound is a nice amount, bigger than a handfull. So your in a candy shop, you%26#039;ve tried it, you like it and you want to buy some. I want to avoid that surprised look that I usually give people just before i walk out of the shop after they tell me how much it cost. Some of these places are crazy with their prices..i dont want to do that.





Thanks for your opinions



start by looking at the cost for you to make the candy, take into consideration all the ingredients, add to that the cost of utilities used to make the candy. next look at your indirect costs , packaging, insurance rent ect, next calculate your labor if you have to cook for 3 hours to make 30 lbs of candy your time is worth something. Add all those together and devide that by the quanity produced. Last item is your profit, look to get from 25% to 35% profit on top of the above costs.


%0D%0A

No comments:

Post a Comment