Small Business Loans

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Chickens and feeding.?

I have around 80 hens and about seven roosters.


My question is how much do I feed them I always have plenty of feed. But


Could I be over feeding them? . also I am getting a few to many roosters


What is the right amount ?how many rooster to a bunch of hens ?thank you



you can have one rooster and 80 hens but I do not think he could get to them all I think 10 or 11 to one is a good ratio





I usually feed about 1/2 cup scratch per bird are they caged or in pen or free range?




It only takes one rooster in my experience.. but I like to hear them crow all hours day and night.. really.. we keep feed out but they eat poop and sleep and lay eggs .. so not sure the right amount we just know our chickens.. yes a bunch have names...and are more like pets... Have had to give away some roosters as they were mean mean.. like attack roosters but some are good to keep the hens safe.. have some no account male ducks who've let the females be eaten by something// I just know my critters is all.




just keep on giving them food and when they are full they will stop eating

No comments:

Post a Comment